Towards a simpler desktop environment: What is the current state of the art?

john lists.john at gmail.com
Tue May 27 20:20:36 BST 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 12:09 PM, Asmo Koskinen
<asmo.koskinen at arkki.info> wrote:
> john kirjoitti:
>> How can I get _complete_ control over the user environment?
>>

> I do not _care_ what people do with their _own_ desktop.
>
> I just give them programs that are useful for everybody or someone want
> for a good reason.
>
> It is that simple to me... To me it is waste of time to _control_ user
> environment...
>
> Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.
Hi  Asmo,

I appreciate your position, and feel similarly on a personal level.

This is an important matter for me because the teachers and librarians
that are helping the 1000 or so students using LTSP are telling me
what they need to be productive. I want them to use Free Software and
I want to help them use it productively. For us this kind of control
is over our software environment is important.

Thanks for your input,

John