Upgrade advice

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Mon May 26 22:49:09 BST 2008

Hi,

On Mon, 26 May 2008, Dean Mumby wrote:

> I am currently running ubuntu ltsp 7.04 I was wondering what the best
> approach might be to get to ubuntu 8.04
> 1. Should I upgrade to 7.10 using the upgrade manager and then upgrade
> to 8.04 using the same or
> 2. Should I somehow upgrade to 8.04 using the alternate cd etc or
> 3.???
>
> Any suggestions , this is a production machine in use everyday , I want
> to try avoid any downtime.

One more suggestion.  A fair few changes happened in the LTSP setup in this
period and quite a few people had trouble with thin clients moving up to
gutsy.  If you have time to do it, get any reasonable machine, install it
with hardy and boot a selection of your thin clients off it.  This will
allow you to verify that they work well with hardy and possibly allow you
to work out any issues in advance of doing the main upgrade.