flash slow

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 16:54:45 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008, Uwe Geercken wrote:

> I have not been able to find the problem why flash films are so slow.

What have you tried?  Have you measured the bandwidth usage to the thin
client?  Is it all thin clients or just some of them (I know you've posted
before, but you haven't maintained the thread so it's not easy to look
back)?  It could be an issue with video card on the thin client too.

This is where setting up munin (or cricket perhaps) on the thin clients
might be useful).

> when I setup the server, I installed all required codecs on the server
> but not being logged into chroot. could this be the cause of the
> problem?

No, unless you're using local apps (which you wouldn't likely be), the
codecs need to be installed on the server, not on the chroot.