Disable Module from xorg.conf via lts.conf

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Mon Mar 10 15:23:51 GMT 2008

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 10:01:08 -0500, Jim Kronebusch wrote
> Does anyone know if there is a way to disable a specific xorg module such as
> "dri" via lts.conf besides calling out a complete custom xorg.conf file?
>
> I need to disable "dri" on my DevonIT 6020p's because of a bug that doesn't
> allow Wine to run under the "via" driver with dri enabled.

I just found this in the Edubuntu handbook:

X_OPTION_01 through X_OPTION_12

    This allows you to specify
                                Option settings in the xorg.conf file, to
                                add options to the video driver.  A common use for this
will be to test
                                turning off accelleration in your driver, if you're
having trouble.  An example usage
                                would be:

    X_OPTION_01 = "\"NoAccel\""
    X_OPTION_02 = "\"AnotherOption\" \"True\""

    .  You probably won't need these except in special circumstances.

I'm going to give it a try now.

Jim