creating fat 'thin' clients with ltsp new problem

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 00:16:14 GMT 2008

Hi Ugh,
   There is an #edubuntu and #ltsp channel, where talented devs can usual
answer pretty much any question.

Your win2003 domain is then handling authentication I take it, which
shouldn't make a difference since that is on the server side. You just need
to make sure that the ldap files within the chroot point to it correctly.
The scripts mentined (which are dirty hacks, someone mentioned mounting
/home via  sshfs instead of nfs and that sounds more secure to begin with)
should all be in the chroot. I created a seperate directory for them under
/etc called xtrascripts, so you'd have 2 eecutable scripts in there, one
with the contents of nfsmounts.sh and one with the contents startgdm.sh)
Once u've updated the image you call those 2 scripts from the lts.conf file
located in /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/fati386/lts.conf which should contain the
following:

[default]
RC_FILE00=/path/to/nfsmounts.sh
RC_FILE01=/path/to/gdmstart.sh

What this does is starts those scripts during the start up process of ltsp,
but where exactly they are started is unknown to me. I just know that it
works...

Good luck,
David