Edubuntu Filter Server

Greg Reagle greagle at citidc.com
Thu Jun 26 21:00:13 BST 2008

The web browsers need to be configured to use a proxy server for HTTPS,
in addition to HTTP.  Here is how I did it for Firefox on Edubuntu on
May 20:
I configured Firefox on the Edubuntu system to use Dan's guardian as the
proxy for SSL (HTTPS) (in addition to http) by adding:
pref("network.proxy.ssl", "localhost");
pref("network.proxy.ssl_port", 8080);
to /etc/firefox/pref/firefox.js

For Internet Explorer 6, the protocol is called "Secure:".

Please let me know if this works or if you have any further questions.
Thanks.

--
greg reagle | computer technician, system administrator | community it
innovators - CITI | 202-234-1600 ext. 353