Linux in Education workshops?

Adam LaMee adamlamee at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 02:25:01 BST 2008

The recently-posted information about the FOSSED conference has
me interested in talking face-to-face and getting some hands-on experience
setting up a Linux lab for my high school physics classroom.  I've slowly
been acquiring 'phased-out' PCs and got to install Edubuntu 8.04 right
before the year ended.  They ran great, but I'd like to dedicate one as a
server for file storage and authentication.  I have zero experience in this
realm, but I've read the Ed- & Ubuntu handbooks various knowledgebases.
 Does anyone have FOSSED testimonials or recommendations of other
workshops/conferences geared toward teachers setting up a Linux network?
Thanks in advance,

Adam