(fwd) root password for sabayon

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 15:28:22 BST 2008

----- Forwarded message from "Barb A. Tabor" <btabor at btownccs.k12.in.us> -----

From: "Barb A. Tabor" <btabor at btownccs.k12.in.us>
Subject: root password for sabayon
To: gmccullagh at gmail.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:45:27 -0400

Gavin:  I have an Edubuntu (Hardy Heron) server and I use Sabayon to
create the images the thin clients will see. We are trying to get our thin
clients to authenicate to active directory on our Windows Network. So, we
purchased Likewise Enterprise. The salesman told me that it would work for
 this.  The Likewise people told me I have to install Likewise in the
image that each thin client receives. So,  I was trying to insall Likewise
on the Sabayon image. When Likewise starts to execute, I get an error
message that says I have to install as superuser. I am not installing from
the Terminal, but through the Sabayon interface so I am unable to use
sudo. I have logged in as sabayon-admin and made it a root member, but
still get the error message. I am so confused as to how to run it as root
within Sabayon. Is there another way to do this without using sabayon?
Thanks.  Barb
----- End forwarded message -----