Edubuntu Install Issue

Matt Georgetti mgeorgetti at mvsd.net
Tue Jul 15 15:03:58 BST 2008

I am the IT Tech at a small K-12 school district. While we are, I guess you
could say, a Windows school, I have been experimenting with various versions
of Linux for a possible roll-out on some of our machines. Anyway, I have
found the Edubuntu product and was going to give it a try but when I go to
install it on a PC it tells me that the software I am using is for X86
machines and that I am running a machine with an i1586 processor. Both of
the machines that I have tried (A Dell GX240 and AcerPower F2) have P4
processors. To my understanding, these should be considered an X86
architecture. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Matt Georgetti

IT Technician

Mountain View School District

(570) 434-2501 X 556