Spare ethernet card prevents thin client from booting

Greg Reagle greagle at citidc.com
Tue Jul 8 16:34:32 BST 2008

I have experienced an Edubuntu server (version 6.06 I think) with two
Ethernet devices that is not consistent about which one it calls eth0
and which one it calls eth1.  I don't know whether this inconsistency is
at the BIOS level or the kernel level.

--
greg reagle | computer technician, system administrator | community it
innovators - CITI | 202-234-1600 ext. 353

NIC.
> I'm not certain every BIOS will allow that, but it's likely.  Does
Windows