thin client manager

Charles Austin ceaustin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 17:42:15 GMT 2008

-----snip-------
> I am very much a newbie in this area.  So, I apologize for reading
> through this output and not understanding what is happening.
>
>  From what I have been reading, others have gotten this to work, so I
> suspect it is something I have done wrong.  So, any suggestions would be
> greatly appreciated.

First of all, I am new to Edubuntu myself, so my advice may be
completely worthless.  What I am about to suggest is what worked for
me.  If you REALLY want to learn the ins and outs of the set-up and
the thin client environment, this will not be much help.

Here goes:
1.  Uninstall your ltsp image:  sudo rm -rf /opt/ltsp/i386
2.  Rebuild your ltsp image:  sudo ltsp-build-client --arch=i386
(the --arch=i386 is not necessary if you are using a 32 bit distro)
3. Verify that your lts.conf file in /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp is still
correct.  If you are not sure, copy the lts.conf from
/opt/ltsp/i386/usr/share/doc/ltsp-client-core/examples/lts.conf
(after you have done the rebuild).
4. Follow the steps to get the TCM going on the wiki pages.

This will not erase any files anyone may have saved, nor will it erase
any users.  It just gives you a clean slate for the thin client
environment without having to do a complete re-install.

Let me know how it goes, I am learning this too.

Charles