thin client or stand alone - which is better?

Uwe Geercken uwe.geercken at datamelt.com
Fri Jan 25 19:56:18 GMT 2008

hello jim,

there are many things to consider. one interesting fact is that, with
a central server - you can add additional clients without having to
install anything.

e.g. if somebody brings in her/his laptop, or you have a guest, just
hook it up to the network and it will run (as long as the server has
capacity).

another point: saving the content of the home directories of the
users/kids is easier, when you do it on the server and not on each
client.

on local installs you most certainly get differences over time which
you won't have on an ltsp server.

these are just a few points. I didn't intend to be complete.

bye.

uwe