a slightly strange request

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Wed Jan 23 06:54:13 GMT 2008

This is a bit peripheral. We have a LTSP/Ubuntu lab with 32 client
machines and one dual Xeon server. This room was fitted with two gigabit
Ethernet switches from 3Com. What we didn't realize is the noise level
of the fans in the switches is pretty high! In fact, it is so high that
students sitting near them cannot follow the instructor.

Does anyone have recommendations on quiet(er) 24 port gigabit switches?

cheers,
Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.