AW: ubuntu LTSP move done ... testers wanted

Reiner Schmid reischmid at gmx.de
Sat Jan 19 17:07:49 GMT 2008

Hi, Oli

> > USB-Stick prob: I noticed problems with different users/clients. Could
> it be that every individual USB-Stick is dedicated to a fixed user?
> > I had connected my sticks to user test11 in the beginning, now no other
> user can activate or see them???
> >
> a USB key is only associated to the currently logged in user on one
> terminal, no other user has access to it for security reasons. it will
> only show up on his/her local desktop.

After a small walk and some oxygen I thought about that users had to be in different groups to work with devices.
The bug of the Users Administration tool forced me to add a new (second) user by the command useradd. But of course the memberships of group must be registered too.

So after I had opened /etc/group I discovered that the new (second) user was nowhere in groups.
After I edited groups I was able to work with local usb device at the two clients with different users.

Reiner