AW: ubuntu LTSP move done ... testers wanted

Reiner Schmid reischmid at gmx.de
Sat Jan 19 12:03:14 GMT 2008

Hi

....part 2 of testing http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily/20080118/....

When I started my 2 test clients (Siemens Scovery XS) at the same time only one passed through to ldm screen. The other stopped after ~20 seconds with a blinking -. This behaviour could reproduced.
The same effect in my classroom with 8 Gutsy-clients. After I had changed some "ltsp-scripts" (fixing local-device-prob  or nautilus 100% cpu prob or.... I don't know which) some clients stopped booting so my students had to restart them. Too many traffic???? Gigabit Network/Switch!

the next prob:  (I knew it after changing some scripts in Gutsy, too):
(Sometimes)After logging in  the message appeared:
"You have logged in a new language: Do you want to update the standard folders in your home folders to the new language"
(I/We use German language)

Monitor resolution: The 19"-Monitor (iiyama) works only with 800x600, the other monitor (Highscreen 15") works fine (1024x768).
No problem with Gutsy!

USB-Stick prob: I noticed problems with different users/clients. Could it be that every individual USB-Stick is dedicated to a fixed user?
I had connected my sticks to user test11 in the beginning, now no other user can activate or see them???

kioskmode prob: testing kioskmode building
sudo ltsp-build-client --kiosk --base /opt/ltsp-kiosk/
ended with
"Base system installed successfully.
error: LTSP client installation ended abnormally"

Reiner