10-Key pad not functional at login

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Jan 18 21:08:38 GMT 2008

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:36:21 -0500, Jim Kronebusch wrote
> On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 18:57:37 +0100, Oliver Grawert wrote
> > hi,
> > On Fr, 2008-01-18 at 12:49 -0500, Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> > > I did find this info https://help.ubuntu.com/community/NumLock but it doesn't
appear to
> > > work for thin clients.  I installed on the server, not in /opt/ltsp/i386.  Maybe
this is
> > > the problem.
> > right, install it in the client chroot and start it from rc.local
> >
> > ciao
> > 	oli
>
> Thanks Oli.  At the risk of sounding stupid, what do I put in rc.local?  Do I
> just put the
>
> if [ -x /usr/bin/numlockx ]; then
>   /usr/bin/numlockx on
> fi
>
> at the end just above the "exit 0"?

Well, I did

sudo chroot /opt/ltsp/i386
then
apt-get install numlockx
then
vim /etc/rc.local
and pasted
if [ -x /usr/bin/numlockx ]; then
  /usr/bin/numlockx on
fi
above "exit 0" and restarted the client.  The NumLock light is on when the client boots,
but the 10-key doesn't work unless I hit numlock to turn it off then back on again.  And
after I log out the numlock light is back off.

I also run gnome-watchdog, but since this is happening before login I wouldn't think
that would affect anything.

If anyone has any other suggestions let me know.

Thanks,
Jim