Advice on getting a computer lab server

Uwe Geercken uwe.geercken at datamelt.com
Mon Jan 14 12:02:28 GMT 2008

Joe,

I just built our Core2 Quad and will install it in the school tomorrow
and do the first tests. It has 4GB Dual Channel DDR-800 Ram, Gigabit
Network and 700 GB Samsung 16Mb Harddisk. the clients (around 20) are
"Windows" machines which are used during normal school hours. the
linux server is used for after school classes, which I do once a week
with kids from 7th/8th class.

let me know when I can test something specifically for you.

rgds,

uwe