LDAP

matte at ahavaxthuset.se matte at ahavaxthuset.se
Tue Jan 1 11:32:44 GMT 2008

Hello!

I have all my users in an ldap and the conneckt the edubuntu server to tht
ldap server.
A also have all the users home on the server ant mount that katalogs to
home on the edu server.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/OpenLDAPServer

this is how you install your ldap server but the clinet part in this howto
i wrong if you using 7.10 then use this how to inseted to connect the
clinet mashine.

Test so that the clinet have connecktion to the server and then proceed to
using nfs.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SettingUpNFSHowTo?highlight=%28nfs%29
Here is an howto how to use NFS

U must have a program so that you can manage your users in the ldap server.
Webmin i very simpel and good in this.
http://www.webmin.com/

// matte