Is Hardy ltsp ready for production?

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 10:48:38 GMT 2008

Hi,

2008/2/27 David Van Assche <dvanassche at gmail.com>:

> I have it installed on a production server, and the only things I noticed
> that might be problematic are:
>
> - cds showed on multiple systems when put into a client machine (with
> authorisation warning)
> - printing didn't work in firefox 3 beta 3 (should be fixed in beta 4)
>
> Other than that, no issues...

I upgraded my girlfriend's laptop and we discovered a nasty memory leak in
evince (aka poppler), the PDF viewer fairly quickly.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/poppler/+bug/195183

I'd be a little worried about using Hardy in production until it's released,
not specifically because of LTSP but because of the Ubuntu system as a whole
not being stable yet.

You'll also have a mountain of updates to apply which will be fixing and
breaking things for the next month or two.