creating fat 'thin' clients with ltsp

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Feb 26 16:52:43 GMT 2008

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 17:28:57 +0100, David Van Assche wrote
> Works with gutsy and hardy alpha 5... Did u put in the horrible hack to
> autoload gdm with the following:
> /etc/init.d/gdm restart
> /usr/sbin/gdm
>
> Try that first from the root login, then put it into an RC startup script.
> I've followed the howto from scratch and I don't believe there are any
> missing steps... perhaps some permission changes to gdm.... I can't remember
> off the top of my head, but don't think I did anything different. But
> indeed, haven't tested on Feisty.

According to Ogra, many of my headaches might be attributed to the fact that Feisty
still mounts the chroots to the clients with NFS as opposed to UnionFS as in Gutsy and
later.  So I'll scrap the Feisty testing for now and try in Gutsy or Hardy.

Thanks,
Jim