your mail

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 10:16:52 GMT 2008

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008, that1tyguy at aol.com wrote:

> I'm a new user to Edubuntu but I'm trying to get my wireless card to work
> on it, it detects the network and when I type the code to connect it
> looks like its connected but the page won't load. Any ideas on how to fix
> this?

When you say "looks like its connected", what exactly do you mean?

The output of the following commands would give us some detailed info to
help:
	lspci
	ifconfig
	iwconfig
	cat /etc/resolv.conf

Also, what network address should your computer have?

> I know in Windows I would sometimes have to manually go into services and
> turn on Wireless Configuration for it to work, is there something like
> that I have to do in Edubuntu?

The network manager should look after this for you.  It's on in "roaming
mode" by default and is beside the clock.