creating fat 'thin' clients with ltsp

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Feb 19 20:08:09 GMT 2008

I ran into a problem with the nfs scripts.  The first portion of the nfs tutorial says
to "nano /etc/nfsmounts.sh", but then later it says to "chmod o+x
/etc/xtrascripts/nfsmount.sh".  Now I assume this to be a minor oversight and that the
first line should have read "nano /etc/xtrascripts/nfsmount.sh" (also a problem with
nfsmount being plural in the first line).  So I went to create nfsmount.sh in
/opt/ltsp/lf_i386/etc/xtrascripts, and the folder does not exist.  So I am wondering if
that is a folder I need to create, or if this is a new folder/feature in Gutsy that
wasn't present in Feisty.  If so, does anyone have any suggestions on how I should call
on the nfsmount.sh script in a chroot created in Feisty?

Thanks,
Jim