No subject

Sun Feb 10 21:45:11 GMT 2008

# Cat 5: Currently unrecognized by TIA/EIA. Provided performance of up
to 100 MHz, and was frequently used on 100 Mbit/s ethernet networks. May
be unsuitable for 1000BASE-T gigabit ethernet.
# Cat 5e: Currently defined in TIA/EIA-568-B. Provides performance of up
to 100 MHz, and is frequently used for both 100 Mbit/s and gigabit
ethernet networks.
# Cat 6: Currently defined in TIA/EIA-568-B. It provides performance of
up to 250 MHz, more than double category 5 and 5e.

--=20
greg reagle | computer technician, system administrator | community it
innovators - CITI | 202-234-1600 ext. 353

applications.