Flash slow

uwe geercken uwe.geercken at datamelt.com
Tue Feb 19 13:53:55 GMT 2008

Gavin,

I have set LDM_DIRECTX=True but I don't even know if it works.

the clients respond very quick on e.g. opening folders or applications.
but I noted that the network goes up to 100% when playing the flash
tutorial. also with gnash. if I run it on the server the same tutorial
runs well, so I guess it is not a codec issue.

could it be that the CAT5 cable is an issue? I do have a CAT7 one which
I believe is meant to be used for GBit networks, right?

it there a way of measuring the throughput of the network, so I can
determine what is going on?

rgds,

uwe