request for some help with performance and sound

Asmo Koskinen asmo.koskinen at arkki.info
Wed Feb 6 07:08:13 GMT 2008

Patrick McKnight kirjoitti:
> Thanks for your help.  I intend to tackle the video problem tomorrow
> morning.  It seems that the driver might be the issue.

I really do not know if this helps anything on LTSP5, but here is one
newer compiled via driver for LTSP 4.2. We use it on Ubuntu 6.06/LTSP
4.2 with the HP t5135 on the one school. I did not compiled it, friend
of mine did. He got  a page in finnish for that driver/t5330:

http://www.antarktis.fi/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=91&Itemid=42

Driver is not on that page, but I got it here:

http://www.arkki.info/howto/LTSP-2-servers/via_drv.so

My lts.conf (LTSP 4.2) for that driver:

http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/LTSP-Mantykangas/lts.conf-master.txt
http://wiki.ubuntu-fi.org/Ubuntu_6.06_LTSP42 (in finnish, sorry)

I have tested little Ubuntu 7.10/LTSP5 with HP t5135 (via-based) and did
not find anything really bad:
http://wiki.ubuntu-fi.org/Ubuntu_7.10_LTSP5 (in finnish, sorry)

I have found that if you got good client (PC) by hardware for LTSP5 and
use Windows DHCP-server, you do not need lts.conf and dhcpd.conf. There
is literally nothing to do - LTSP5 just works. We use that kind of
combination on my office, where is lots of XP-machines. We use this one
(PC) as thin client:

http://marc.info/?l=ltsp-discuss&m=119453643600375&w=2

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.