Science Week...

Stephen McCullagh stevemccullagh at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 17:10:30 GMT 2008

Hi Miles,

Gavin posted this a while ago, it's very impressive as a physics
demo...  The first 6 are free, see below...

Steve.

Hi,

in case anyone is interested, the virtual physics laboratory is
Windows-based physics simulation software for education:

	http://vplab.co.uk/

It seems at the moment to be strictly for windows, but it runs pretty
well
in WINE on ubuntu gutsy (possibly other versions too?).

	sudo apt-get install wine msttcorefonts
	mkdir vpl
	cd vpl
	wget http://www.colpus.me.uk/vplab/download/VPLabSampleFolder.zip
	unzip VPLabSampleFolder.zip
	wine Balance.exe

It seems you can get those 6 sample simulations for free but there are
over
160 in the full set which can be purchased from the website above.  They
might be quite nice to get working on thin clients.