booting thin clients and firestarter

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 18:29:21 GMT 2008

Hi,

On Sun, 03 Feb 2008, DB Clinton wrote:

> > Could you give us the output of the following command:
> >
> >        sudo iptables --list
>
> Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
>
> Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
>
> Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

So, there are no firewall rules at all.  This suggest firestarter is not a
problem at all.  Is it possible you installed firestarter which broke
booting, then you tried various things to fix it, then removed firestarter
which fixed your original problem, but now the "various things" are the
problem?

Can you explain in detail exactly what happens when the boot fails?

You refer to making changes in "etc/dhcp3/dhcpd.conf".  That's not the dhcp
config file in LTSP systems.  It's /etc/ltsp/dhcpd.conf.  Can you check
that that file is present on the system?  Could you check that it has lines
something like this:

    option root-path "/opt/ltsp/i386";
    if substring( option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 9 ) = "PXEClient" {
        filename "/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.0";
    } else {
        filename "/ltsp/i386/nbi.img";
    }

and make sure pxelinux.0, nbi.img exist in /opt/ltsp/i386/.

We'll figure it out, it'll just take a little close examination.