LTSP EdUbuntu Client Rom-o-matic Problems

Ola Engström erik-o.engstrom at telia.com
Sat Feb 2 22:00:53 GMT 2008

Hi
I set up an experimental network with two Compaq deskpros (PIII/600 Mhz
server) (PII 400 Mhz client)
For the client I burned a CD-ROM from room-o-matic. I used the following
selections:
In: Choose NIC/ROM type I selected "eepro100:xxxxxxx"
eepro100 is the driver family for my compaq grapic cards. The XXXXXXX ,
could be anything but was for me unnecceassary info as I intented to use
a CD for starting the client.
In: Choose ROM output format  I selected Iso bootable image without
legacy floppy emulation. An uploaded the driver.

I then burned the image to a CD and popped it into the clients CD drive.
A corollary to Murphys law is: "Things never work the first time"  but
to my surprise IT WORKED.
/ola