Looking for help, users and items listed.

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Feb 1 14:32:16 GMT 2008

On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 09:15:14 -0500, Jim Kronebusch wrote
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:42:32 -0700 (MST), advertising wrote
> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > Please forgive me for posting to this group but I am not a fortune 500
> > company with deep pockets. I simply wanted to introduce an idea to
> > everyone that may give everyone even more freedom in the marketplace of
> > computing.
>
> Normally I would scoff at something like this being posted on the list, but I
> think your concept is very interesting and could indeed help many schools as
> well.  I have a computer company on the side besides just working for my
> schools.  We often sell workstations and servers to businesses.  This might be
> an easy way for a company like mine to pre-configure a LTSP server for schools
> and sell for a small profit, while providing them an out of the box system
> ready for clients.
>
> Interesting....I'll check out the site now.
>
> Thanks,
> Jim

Only thing here that seems a little odd is the domain name.  It is called Ourbuntu, but
it looks as though any Linux operating system could be offered.  The name seems a little
misleading or possibly too narrow.  It sounds like it is Ubuntu derivatives only.  Quick
thought that popped in my head is something like opensystems.com (unfortunately a check
shows that is owned by Tucows Inc.).  But such a name would imply that they are
computers systems with open licenses, not Ubuntu only.

Other than that it looks very nice.

Jim