Apps hanging around.

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at
Sun Aug 24 21:38:21 BST 2008

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008, Luis Montes wrote:

> Looks like I can close the apps when clearing those env variables.
> This worked for both wesnoth and tuxpaint.

Okay.  We should probably get a bug reported in launchpad.  As I recall,
last time this was brought up, we concluded that it was against apps which
used libsdl (tuxpaint, tuxmath, gcompris,...).  I'm not certain what
package to file against in ubuntu.  You could file against tuxpaint or
gcompris and see what the package maintainer makes of it.

> Any chance going against an external ldap server for
> authentication/authorization has anything to do with this?
> (just in case sound requires certain groups)

Not that I'm aware.  However, if you find this is an issue, please let us