Intel D945GCLF mobo as Thin Client with Ubuntu 8.04.1 (daily, 12072008)

infiniti_guy infiniti_guy at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 13 17:54:24 BST 2008

infiniti_guy wrote:

> Is there anything other than this X_CONF setting you used?

I have an update with additional settings that are needed. Here's what you
need to do:

1) upgrade your client environment build packages
2) install 24-19 kernel in client environment
3) rebuild the client image
4) update your ltsp kernels
5) use the xorg.conf setting (from above)

I still have some strange video display behavior, but yes it works now (no
kernel panic, no hangs, no modprobe abnormal exit, etc.). Here are the
remaining issues:

i) I get a wierd script on the screen (looks like content form xorg.conf
file contents from the X_CONF setting) before ldm loads, this is
undesireable and looks very strange (for users).
ii) when performing a shutdown (from ldm after logout) I get a solid color
green screen instead of video off.

I believe both of these issues are related to the xorg.conf file set by
X_CONF. I.e. somethng is still not quite right with the video settings.
Anyone know how to fix this?