Ubuntu 8.04 Server Installation problem

infiniti_guy infiniti_guy at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 13 16:38:20 BST 2008

David Ally wrote:

> Today's Topics:
>
>   1. Intel D945GCLF mobo as Thin Client with Ubuntu 8.04.1 (daily,
>       12072008) (Asmo Koskinen)
>   2. suddenly BusyBox on clients (Bob Wooden)
>   3. centralized authentication - request for advice
>       (antonello facchetti)

> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 15:32:15 +0300
> From: Asmo Koskinen <asmo.koskinen at arkki.info>
> Subject: Intel D945GCLF mobo as Thin Client with Ubuntu 8.04.1 (daily,
>     12072008)
> To: Edubuntu Users Group <edubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>,
>     ltsp-discuss at lists.sourceforge.net
>

> Well, it seems to work now. With original Ubuntu 8.04 it did not.
>
> http://www.arkki.info/howto/Atom_Server/Intel_D945GCLF_as_Thin_Client_Hardy.png
>
> I have to tell xorg.conf to the mobo.
>
> [00:22:15:15:4B:4C]
> X_CONF = /etc/X11/asus-eee-xorg.conf
>
> [00:1C:C0:47:E2:C0]
> X_CONF = /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>
> But there is nothing special on that xorg.conf? Without it I got
> automatically 1600x1200 for 20" LCD (native is 1680x1050).
>
> This feels slower than Asus Eee PC?
>
> Anyway, it works perfect (resolution, sound and USB-stick):
>
> http://www.arkki.info/howto/Atom_Server/Intel_D945GCLF_as_Thin_Client_Hardy.png
>
> Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.

Is there anything other than this X_CONF setting you used? The reason I ak
is because I am getting errors before X.. I get:
 '/sbin/modprobe' abnormal exit
... usb... device...
Last message on client screen: USB Universal Host Controller Interface
driver v3.0
(then nothing else -- hangs)

Note: My Ubuntu LTSP installation works with other clients (VIA C7 and Intel
D201GLY) with no problems.

Thanks :-)