Intel D945GCLF mobo as Thin Client with Ubuntu 8.04.1 (daily, 12072008)

infiniti_guy infiniti_guy at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 13 16:35:57 BST 2008

Asmo Koskinen wrote:

> Well, it seems to work now. With original Ubuntu 8.04 it did not.
>
> I have to tell xorg.conf to the mobo.
>
> [00:1C:C0:47:E2:C0]
> X_CONF = /etc/X11/xorg.conf
>
> Anyway, it works perfect (resolution, sound and USB-stick):

Is there anything other than this X_CONF setting you used? The reason I ak
is because I am getting errors before X.. I get:
 '/sbin/modprobe' abnormal exit
... usb... device...
Last message on client screen: USB Universal Host Controller Interface
driver v3.0
(then nothing else -- hangs)

Note: My Ubuntu LTSP installation works with other clients (VIA C7 and Intel
D201GLY) with no problems.

Thanks :-)