call for spec suggestions

nigel barker tech at hiroshima-is.ac.jp
Tue Apr 15 07:55:37 BST 2008

I appreciate these answers, but this is far away from my needs. I am not
teaching CS to high school students. I teach mostly primary and middle
school classes, and we use the computer to do tasks which are useful in
the mainstream classes. According to UK and International Baccalaureate
curriculum documents young kids are supposed to be able to use
databases. Obviously this would be a GUI app, maybe even simpler than
Access. I don't know what windows schools use, but it would seem there
must be something, otherwise these curriculum writers wouldn't have got
these ideas.

A spreadsheet could probably be used instead for many examples, but
trying to use Calc to merge into Writer doesn't work either - you have
to open a dummy Base. The OOo database experience is not simple on any
level.

Anyway, my request is for a simple gui database app, if it exists!

nigel