Stupid video question

Todd O'Bryan toddobryan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 23:34:24 BST 2008

If the video card in a thin-client could handle OpenGL or MPEG, would the
server send video to the client in a way that would rely on the client's
video card to render it, or would all the video still be figured out by the
server and sent raw to the client?

One of my students pointed out that he could build a machine from parts with
a Quad Core CPU, 2GB of RAM, and a TB of hard drive space for under $800,
and I just started looking. It's now possible to build a pretty cool thin
client from parts for very little money.

Todd