Does Add-on turn Desktop into Server?

Manu manu at ubuntu-fr.org
Tue Apr 1 21:32:24 BST 2008

Hi,
If I understand, for install edubuntu server see
https://wiki.edubuntu.org/HardyClassroomServer

1) install Ubuntu with CD alternate and boot option (F4) LTSP server
2)after install, use the Edubuntu's add-on CD  for change Ubuntu LTSP server
in Edubuntu server

But perhaps I am in mistake ;)

Bye
Manu

2008/4/1, ivory williams <eyewms at hotmail.com>:

>  I remember reading that Edubuntu was being rolled into an add-on starting
> with Hardy. That being so, would someone please EDUCATE me and explain the
> difference in the following links:
>
> A. 'Ubuntu Educational Add-on requires a Ubuntu desktop already be
> installed'.
> http://releases.ubuntu.com/releases/edubuntu/8.04/
>
> 1. Does this mean that the Add-on converts the desktop to a server?
> 2. Or is a 'Server' as previously existed in prior versions not need?
> 3. Will the Add-on work for the Ubuntu Server?
>
> B. However, the following link provide both Classroom Server and Classroom
> Server Add-on images for platforms other than i386.
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/ports/daily/current/
>
> 1. Does this mean that if [section A.above] doesn't provide a server, one
> must change to this platform to obtain a server setup?
>
> C. Or did I completely misunderstand???!!!
>
> Thanks,
> ivory

Emmanuel Le Normand
Ubuntu-fr / Edubuntu-fr