Can't boot thin clients

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 23:05:55 BST 2007

Hi,

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007, Rehan Afzal wrote:

>   I see the dhcp giving the IP but the Client says
>   PXE-T01 : file not found
>   PXE-E3B: TFTP Error - File not found !
>
>   if substring( option vendor-class-identifier, 0, 9 ) = "PXEClient" {
>     filename "/ltsp/amd64/pxelinux.0";
>   }
>   else{
>     filename "/ltsp/amd64/pxelinux.0";
>   }
>   option root-path "192.168.0.27:/opt/ltsp/amd64";
> }

According to this, you not only run an amd64 server, your thin clients must
be amd64 too.  Does /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/amd64/pxelinux.0 exist?

You might just have /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.0 and
/opt/ltsp/i386/ which might be what you want for your thin clients, in
which case you need to edit the dhcp config to point to those instead.

Alternatively, you may have amd64 thin clients (which would be very
powerful thin clients) and you need to build that environment, in which
case you probably need to run something like:

	sudo ltsp-build-client --arch amd64

so build the ltsp environment for amd64 thin clients.