LDAP Server and Authentication & Samba Domain

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Sep 27 14:14:20 BST 2007

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:42:03 +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote
> hi,
> Am Donnerstag, den 27.09.2007, 08:43 +0200 schrieb Munro, LG, Mr :
> > Anything forthcoming in this matter is highly anticipated.  Edubuntu
> > really needs a manual for this with detailed instructions.
> for the client side in gutsy that would be:
> sudo apt-get install ltsp-auth-client ltap-auth-config
>
> for the server use any ldap server howto for debian or ubuntu (there are
> tons) ... the ubuntu server team is working hard for us to get somethig
> similary easy as above into 8.04 for the server side.
>
> ciao
> 	oli

I should finish reading current posts before posting my stuff :-)  Looks like Oli
verified my suspicions and this is indeed being worked on.

I just installed a Gutsy Desktop that needs to auth to LDAP.  Instead of manually
setting this up I'll give the new auth tools a try.

Jim