Firefox Granparadiso + Patch and tweak

Todd O'Bryan toddobryan at mac.com
Fri Sep 21 00:13:56 BST 2007

I guess the thing we really need to do is push for some kind of standard
way of saying how aggressive you want applications to be when they store
pixmaps. Ideally, there should be some way to just tell applications not
to store pixmaps at all, but to just display the pixels.

I had a whole classroom freeze when students tried to create OO
presentations. They could paste an image onto a slide, but as soon as
they tried to crop it, the client died a pretty spectacular death.

Any possibility that we could push for a --nopixmaps or --limitpixmaps
option for most programs?

Todd