Restoring User profiles

kevin smith ashkev at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 15:32:12 BST 2007

I think that would work, except it meses up the permissions, so the accounts
won't open....  I found this
tutorial<http://http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/answers/Applications_GUI_Multimedia/Deepfreeze_for_Linux>,
and I think it would work, but I am not sure how to copy and restore all of
the user accounts "except" the administrator account:

In the home directory I have: kevin  patron4  patron5  patron6

The tutorial says to do this :

#!/bin/bash

rm -f /root/Desktop/clean_all.tar
tar -cpPf /root/Desktop/clean_all.tar /home/all

but as I have said, if i do that it will also restore my kevin directory
right?
Is there a way to exclude the kevin directory from the tarball? Or is there
a way for me to put all of my public profiles in a directory like all?  How
would I do that?

Thanks so much,

Also, the tutorial mentions that to get the restore script to run at bootup,
the bootmisc.sh should be modified.  Would this work by modifying
/etc/rc.local?