NFSD running out of threads

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Wed Sep 19 01:33:17 BST 2007

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 00:15:04 +0100, Gavin McCullagh wrote
> On Tue, 18 Sep 2007, Jim Kronebusch wrote:
>
> > cat syslog | grep nfsd
>
> The tiresome pedant in me cannot let this superfluous use of cat stand.
> The command
> 	grep nfsd syslog
>
> would do the same thing substantially more efficiently :-)
>
> 	http://sial.org/howto/shell/useless-cat/
>
> Gavin

And here I was just happy I got it to work :-)  This is why don't don't attempt to code
or script, at least not publicly :-)

I thought someone was going to scold me on how stupid it is to increase the thread count
to 64.

Thanks for the laugh.

Jim