Edubuntu and Compaq Evo T30 Thin Clients

Philipp Hanselmann philipp at schoolnet.na
Tue Sep 18 13:34:18 BST 2007

Nick schrieb:

> Hello all,
>

> I am installing and Edubuntu Lab in my school and everything was going
> fine until I decided to try real Thin Clients instead of the old PIV
> we have. I have bought 3 Compaq Evo T30 after I read on a website that
> someone was using them in their school without any problem and they
> were perfect. This is the first time I try to use a thin client so my
> fear is that I am missing something very simple.
>

> My first question is: do they work with Edubuntu LTSP or not? The
> Compaq T30 is a Geode 300 Mhz with 64 Mb Ram and 64 MB of Flash memory.
>
> After I have had this question answered I will check all cables,
> hardware and settings to check if the problem is somewhere else.
> Thank you in advance for your help and feel free to ask clarification.

Hi,

What is not working? Does these solid state thin client get an IP
address from the server?
What is the last message on the screen, during his boot phase ?

Philipp

> Nicola

SchoolNet NA - Youth Empowerment through Information and Communication Technology

SchoolNet Namibia provides sustainable, low cost technology solutions and internet access, as well as technical support, training services and rich educational content to schools, community-based educational organisations, and educational practitioners throughout Namibia.

www.schoolnet.na

toll free number: 0800 005793

Philipp Hanselmann
philipp at schoolnet.na