tips for Opera users

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Mon Sep 17 15:36:19 BST 2007

> Not having built firefox, I can't really argue.  However, I've always found
> that any ubuntu/debian package could be rebuilt with something like:
>
> 	apt-get install devscripts
> 	apt-get build-dep <package>
> 	apt-get source <package>
> 	cd <package-dir>
> 	debbuild -us -uc
>
> as described here:
>
> 	http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/20
>
> Is this not true of firefox or is it the patch that causes the problem?
>
> Gavin

The patch is a .diff for Firefox version 3.  So I don't think I can do the above.  I
have downloaded the source, patched successfully with the .diff, but can't figure out
how to build only the firefox portion of the source and get it installed to test.
Instructions from Mozilla are very vague and assume that if you are attempting to build
from source, you must already know what you are doing.  Apparently they don't account
for idiots like me :-)