Feisty: LT4500 - Thin client freeze before the splash screen shows up

Philipp Hanselmann philipp at schoolnet.na
Mon Sep 17 14:20:32 BST 2007

Hi

I  tested *unsuccessfully* this solid state thin client:
* LT4500 - ARCA II 300MHz CPU, 64 MB
http://en.xynetsoft.com/product/lt4500.htm

We used this solid state client with our previous LTSP version and it
was working (OpenLab).

Now with Feisty,  this client is freezing during the boot phase. It
always happen at that time when the Edubuntu splash screen should appear
on the screen.

Is there a way to deactivated the splash screen during a thin client
boot? I tried already a little bit to get this working, but I failed :-(.
May it's only a matter with the splash screen?

Up to now, we have around 20 of this clients, so it would be nice if we
get them running again ...

Philipp

--
SchoolNet NA - Youth Empowerment through Information and Communication
Technology

SchoolNet Namibia provides sustainable, low cost technology solutions
and internet access, as well as technical support, training services and
rich educational content to schools, community-based educational
organisations, and educational practitioners throughout Namibia.

www.schoolnet.na