how to set default "home page" for all users in firefox

Philipp Hanselmann philipp at schoolnet.na
Sat Sep 8 11:30:33 BST 2007

Craig Szymanski schrieb:
>  Hi Phillip,
>  ----- "Philipp Hanselmann" <philipp at schoolnet.na> wrote:
>  > Craig Szymanski schrieb:
>  > > ----- "john" <lists.john at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > >
>  ---snip---
>  > >
>  > I did it like this:
>  >    killall -q firefox-bin &
>  >     echo 'lockPref("app.update.enabled", false);
>  >     defaultPref("browser.startup.homepage",
>  > "http://www.schoolnet.na/");
>  >     lockPref("browser.startup.homepage",
>  "http://www.schoolnet.na/");'
>  > >
>  > /usr/lib/firefox/firefox.cfg
>
>  I believe that when there are package updates to firefox that the
>  /usr/lib/firefox/firefox.cfg file has a good chance of being
>  overwritten?

I haven't tested that, but I found different hits on the Internet on
that subject. Based on that I decided to do it like this...

Philipp

--
SchoolNet NA - Youth Empowerment through Information and Communication Technology

SchoolNet Namibia provides sustainable, low cost technology solutions and internet access, as well as technical support, training services and rich educational content to schools, community-based educational organisations, and educational practitioners throughout Namibia.

www.schoolnet.na

toll free number: 0800 005793

Philipp Hanselmann
philipp at schoolnet.na