feisty: automounter starts only if sesssion get successfully finised

Philipp Hanselmann philipp at schoolnet.na
Sat Sep 8 11:09:55 BST 2007

I noticed that some local devices aren't mounted, if the user are logged
out.

The reason for that is: when a session get killed (for example with
CRTL-ALT-Backspace) the ldm login mananger doesn't run /ltspfsmounter
all cleanup'./

See the ldm script (opt/ltsp/usr/sbin/ldm) as in feisty includes this
lines:

<snip>
 > # make sure we clean up after logout if localdev is used
 > if self.use_localdev:
 > session_manager = session_manager+' && ltspfsmounter all cleanup'
 > print "info: Enabling localdev support."
</snip>

Now I found a simple solution replace the above line with:

 > session_manager = session_manager+' ; ltspfsmounter all cleanup'

This work up to know for us, and it much more failure prove than before.
I found once a bug report on that issue, but up to know I wasn't able to
find this thread again under:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/~edubuntu-bugs/+packagebugs-search?field.distribution=ubuntu&field.sourcepackagename=ltsp

Does somebody know, where I can find this bug report, than I will add
this solution!

I hope this fix, works also for you?

Philipp

--
SchoolNet NA - Youth Empowerment through Information and Communication Technology

SchoolNet Namibia provides sustainable, low cost technology solutions and internet access, as well as technical support, training services and rich educational content to schools, community-based educational organisations, and educational practitioners throughout Namibia.

www.schoolnet.na