Beta Fl_TeacherTool for Edubuntu

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 07:10:54 BST 2007

On 9/6/07, Robert Arkiletian <robark at gmail.com> wrote:
> My client is not killing x11vnc. It's still up and well after logout.
> I can log in and out multiple times and still use monitor/control. I
> also checked ctrl-alt-f1 and it's still alive as expected. So I think
> it must be something you did to your server. I have not really changed
> any settings or installed any scripts after installation. But again I
> have not tried ldm_directx yet. Will do that this weekend.

Hmm. I'll put my money on how you started x11vnc process.
Take a look at these two sites again.

http://doc.edubuntu-fr.org/clientleger_x11vnc
include -shared option in x11vnc command

there is an english version
https://wiki.edubuntu.org/InstallX11VncOnLtspClients

Here is how they start x11vnc (sans the -shared option)
x11vnc -display :6 -forever -bg
x11vnc -display :6 -forever -loop &

I noticed you used the first one. Try the second one. I bet it will
solve your problem. I just checked, I am using the second one (with
-shared)

Alert:
In the process of fiddling with this I discovered x11vnc is being run
without a password. *Not good*

I tried to fix it by including -usepw option in the the x11vnc line in
/etc/rc.local of the
chroot but all that did was send my client into an infinite loop of
killing and restarting x11vnc.

if you chroot and run
x11vnc -help | less
you can see all the options

Too tired to solve this tonight. signing off....

--
Robert Arkiletian