Beta Fl_TeacherTool for Edubuntu

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 06:25:01 BST 2007

On 9/6/07, Robert Arkiletian <robark at gmail.com> wrote:
> Good grief :) I should have read your last post first.
>
> On 9/6/07, Jim Kronebusch <jim at winonacotter.org> wrote:
> > Well I boot up a client and log into ctrl+alt+f1 and log in.  I installed htop into the
> > client chroot for easier troubleshooting.  I run htop and find x11vnc running owned by
> > root.  I then switch back to ctrl+alt+f1 and log in.  I check screen 1 and htop still
> > shows x11vnc running.  I switch back to screen7 and logout, then back to screen1, now
> > x11vnc process is gone and I cannot use vnc modules of fl_teachertool.
>
> Well you found the problem. Why is x11vnc dying on logout? I don't
> know. I'll try to see if my box behaves the same as yours tonight.

My client is not killing x11vnc. It's still up and well after logout.
I can log in and out multiple times and still use monitor/control. I
also checked ctrl-alt-f1 and it's still alive as expected. So I think
it must be something you did to your server. I have not really changed
any settings or installed any scripts after installation. But again I
have not tried ldm_directx yet. Will do that this weekend.

--
Robert Arkiletian