Beta Fl_TeacherTool for Edubuntu

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Sep 6 21:18:49 BST 2007

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 14:21:51 -0500, Jim Kronebusch wrote
> No idea what happened, but after removing LDM_DIRECTX=True yesterday I was
> able to view the screen on some clients.  But now today I get this error:
>
> VNC viewer version 3.3.7 - built Mar  8 2007 21:56:52
> Copyright (C) 2002-2003 RealVNC Ltd.
> Copyright (C) 1994-2000 AT&T Laboratories Cambridge.
> See http://www.realvnc.com for information on VNC.
> /usr/bin/vncviewer: ConnectToTcpAddr: connect: Connection refused
> Unable to connect to VNC serve

I think somehow the xterminator program is killing x11vnc.  When I reboot the client and
log in the first time, I can mOnitor or Control the client.  Once I logout and log back
in things stop working.  If I reboot the client and login things work, logout and in,
dead again.  Very repeatable.

Robert, how is x11vnc ran, which user owns it?  I asked Matt and he said the xterminator
program should only kill processes owned by the logging in user.

What do I check on the client to be sure x11vnc is still running properly?

I'll keep fiddling,

Jim