Text to Speech

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Sep 6 20:04:55 BST 2007

We have a couple students who need to use the text to speech features.  Nearest I can
tell this is actually available by default.....if you can figure out how to use it.  I
am running Edubuntu 7.04 and it looks like under
System->Preferences->Accessibility->Assistive Technology Preferences I should be able to
check the enable assistive technologies then check Start Screenreader and magnifier at
log in, but I don't get how to actually USE this.

Anyone have any advice, this is driving me nuts :-)

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
453-5188